LibertyCalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LibertyCalls

LibertyCalls.org Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Article in the Gainesville Times

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Article in the Gainesville Times Empty
PostSubject: Article in the Gainesville Times   Article in the Gainesville Times EmptyApril 11th 2009, 10:37

There is a very nice article about the Tea Party in Gainesville in the Times today. I was not misquoted and she didn't include my horrible examples of our liberty being destroyed thankfully. I wrote her an email telling her how much we appreciated the nice article, and let her know that there are over 100 events in GA and over 2000 nationwide. So, her numbers were a little off! But, other than that minor point, I think it reflects better on me and LC.org than I sounded on the phone with her. Smile LOL

Here's the link: Gainesville Times Tea Party Article

Last edited by Admin on April 13th 2009, 21:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
CaptainBob
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
CaptainBob

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Good Job!   Article in the Gainesville Times EmptyApril 11th 2009, 15:02

Good policy to keep a communication link with your local paper. I've done so here and it pays off in many ways.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bobburdick.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Article in the Gainesville Times   Article in the Gainesville Times EmptyApril 11th 2009, 17:03

I agree Bob...

Possumdog - any word on another article from you or your buddy?

Also, FYI - it was the headline on the front page...well, of the local section. Smile BUT, I expect after the turnout we are probably going to have, we will be front page news on Thursday! Smile

Please continue to spread the word, those of you in Gainesville - or spread it for the Tea Party in your towns, wherever you are. We got promises today from 3 local businesses( I think it was) to put up " GOT TEA?" on monday or tuesday, and positive responses from all but one liberal business owner we talked to - who told my lovely and sweet wife to " go to .."

Needless to say we will not be buying any more plants from Syfan Nursery on Thompson Bridge Road. A simple "no thank you" and they still would have had our business. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
skrumpie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Article in the Gainesville Times   Article in the Gainesville Times EmptyApril 13th 2009, 17:39

Thank you for the heads up on Syfan's Nursery. I buy a lot there--or did. I will be happy to take my business elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Article in the Gainesville Times   Article in the Gainesville Times EmptyApril 13th 2009, 21:28

No problem. We did too...and they were always very nice and helpful.

In the future, I'll list things like this in the " Friends and Foes" catagory - which I may change to just "friends", but then how would you know about rude owners like this? Maybe it's ok if you don't. I don't know. Perhaps our resident lawyer could give me advice in a PM about having such a forum. The more I think about it, the more I think it's going to end up being cut because there would be no way for me to verify what others post.

Then again, I've been on fishing boards for years where people say " don't buy from X place" or " bad service from X sporting goods" or whatever.

Thoughts everyone? Lawyer guy? The Janitor?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Article in the Gainesville Times   Article in the Gainesville Times Empty

Back to top Go down

Article in the Gainesville Times
Page 1 of 1