LibertyCalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LibertyCalls

LibertyCalls.org Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Swine Flu being downplayed

Go down 
+3
CaptainBob
catocom
SpringerRider
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Swine Flu being downplayed Empty
PostSubject: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 27th 2009, 19:06

I mentioned before that I was at the CDC from 1993 to 1999. I worked at Infectious Disease. I have been in contact with some old friends down there and they say that place is on fire with the swine flu outbreak. Although the PSA's have been soft sold, there is a heigthened state there unmatched since the antrax outbreak in 91.

What my friend has told me is that the concern is far greater than is being reported to the general public. Having said that, I recommend that everyone take a few steps of precautions. Stock up on a little extra food and bottle water. If you require medication, renew your prescription. (MD's and Rx's will be overtaxed if an outbreak occurs) Avoid anyone you know has been in infected regions. Avoid people with flu like symtoms.

Fortunately this has hit when the flu is weakest; warmer and moist season. Sadly, so many people have allergies that mimic the flu. Also, some schools have sent to Mexixcan resorts for spring break.

Though all the news is rather tame now. It can turn over night. What appears we have wittnessed if a mutation downgrade. The flu, once removed from Mexico City has to compete with other similar flu viruses which can weaken the strain. But that is a tricky maneuver where once the concentration increases, it can reverse.

So be prepared for limited mobility. It is not a bad idea to have some mid-quality filter masks on hand. Avoid dense crowds.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 27th 2009, 22:03

I'm still looking for what this flu story is the cover for.
IMO it's some kinda misdirection.

I'm also wondering if obama is going to sell footage or something, of air force flying sully's path,
so they can splice it in.
Back to top Go down
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 27th 2009, 23:01

catocom wrote:

Nationalized Health Care?
Increased Homeland Security Role?
Martial Law?
Back to top Go down
CaptainBob
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
CaptainBob

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Charity begins at home   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 28th 2009, 06:26

SpringerRider wrote:
catocom wrote:

Nationalized Health Care?
Increased Homeland Security Role?
Martial Law?

I wouldn't dismiss any possibility, but with the global coverage this thing is getting, there must be something valid driving it. Yes, O-Bam-Bam won't miss an opportunity to use this, or anything else, to drive his agenda, but, as you pointed out, taking steps for self protection is a smart move.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bobburdick.com
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 28th 2009, 08:48

Niow if you want to get out your tin foil hat, what was

Quote :
OBAMA PLANE PHOTO OP STARTLES NEW YORKERS

covering up?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 28th 2009, 17:55

I have what I feel is a pretty lame idea on the plane thing.....

I'm not sure it's even worth posting. Although it may be something similar to this, I don't think this is IT, but it's the best I can think of. . .

And that is...that it's preparing us for the unexpected. You fly AF1 downtown, tell everyone it's a photo-op. You fly a few blackhawks over Atlanta, tell everyone it's a test for dropping flu vaccine. You fly some troops into San Diego and tell everyone it's an excercise in case of a massive earthquake.

You get everyone used to seeing government vehicles where they shouldn't be.

I told you, it was lame.....but I'm not ruling out something similar to this theory. I'm just not smart enough to figure out what it might be.

As for the flu....I just read Springer say "avoid large crowds."

Like, oh I dunno....Tea Party Crowds?

I wouldn't put it past them. But, if people at the CDC are quietly freaking out, either they are duped as well, or it's legit. Right?

Thanks for the insight Springer!
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
catocom
Patriot
catocom

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 28th 2009, 21:36

IMO, what it may be...
They have said earlier that there was a threat of some kind, then it faded a little, in the media.
I think they have credible info the something Big is about to go down, and they are playing scenarios out.
Back to top Go down
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 28th 2009, 22:58

I don't know if I woudl say they are freaking out at the CDC. Just like being a fireman or cop, most of your work is extremely boring. Expidemeology is no different. So when a little action comes around, they go overboard. But they are taking this serious, not so much for what it is but for what it may become.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 29th 2009, 07:30

we do know this is a mutated ver.
How did it mutate is a question also.
With help or no?
Back to top Go down
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 29th 2009, 08:30

catocom wrote:
we do know this is a mutated ver.
How did it mutate is a question also.
With help or no?

I am not going to make that leap just yet. What is strange is the severity of the virus in Mexico yet how mild it is here. Of course, the US had it first fatality reported this morning.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 29th 2009, 16:55

Back to top Go down
Wilberforce
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 29th 2009, 19:13

Springer, the US fatality happens to be a Mexican who was brought here for treatment. Not to lessen the loss of life by any means, but calling this the first US fatality is like saying that the hospital is a dangerous place, because a lot of accident victims die there. So much for accuracy in reporting.

Anybody remember the sharkbite stories in Florida a few years ago? The way they were reported, you would have thought you weren't safe anywhere, even 100 yards up the beach. And the fact was that it was just an average year. I may be wrong, but I think this is similar. It's just too easy for a journalist to say the sky is falling, rather than report the routine facts.
Back to top Go down
maysunsmiracle
Liberty Leaders
Liberty Leaders
maysunsmiracle

Female Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 29th 2009, 22:47

I'm with you Catacom, the whole time they are screaming FLU FLU FLU!!!! I'm wondering what covert thing they are up to that they are trying to divert our focus from.... and then yes, the budget was def one of the things!! Wonder what else they are up to? It's just a crying shame that we have to sit around and try to figure it out at all...transparency???! :::sigh:::
Back to top Go down
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 30th 2009, 17:36

I am neutral as to the severity and any underlying motive. Just not enough facts either way.

I will give you a little background on the 1918-19 Spanish Flu. It killed anywhere from 20 to 200 million people and they believe it circles the globe at least twice. The reason of the broad disparity of deaths was due to lack of records and reporting.

But some similarities is that it Spanish flu started in the spring and appeared to be mild. By summer, it fizzled and was believed to be extinguished. A virus strain of subtype H1N1 similar to swine flu. But come fall, during the normal flu season, it reared its ugly head.

Obviously we have tremendous advantages with the advanced medicine and technology. We have vaccines and Tama Flu. We have computer models. Our physicians are more educated than a country doctor.

Now the downside. Today we have mass transit around the world. An outbreak in Tasmania can spread to Alaska in days. Our population density is astronomically greater. We have cities with populations greater than the US in 1918. We are have a high inter-dependence with requires a high degree of interactivity. Where a high percentage of people lived on the family farm and the rest in small towns, the dominance of the world populations are in huge cities. Our foods are processed in plants where hundreds of people loom over the food. In any given day, we exchange air with 20 to 100 people. The flu is not the only culprit that we would encounter. Along with infection is the social unrest, partly due to mass communications and high population density. More people than ever are aware. More people panic. More schools close. More production stops. Transits may quit running and stores may empty. The panic effects could far outweigh the damage from the virus.

As I said, I am not sounding the fire alarm. I am one who naturally fails to the side of caution, especially when the preparations also serve as an assurance for other possible disasters.

As far as any underlying black-bag ops, I can only say what Rahm Emmanuel said, “Never fail to take advantage of a good crises”, if not only to use it as a news mask to shield from other less nefarious activities.
Back to top Go down
DonnaC
Defender of Liberty
Defender of Liberty

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: EMI   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 30th 2009, 18:00

I just finished reading One Second After, and the premise is really scary and really possible! It predicts what would happen in the U.S. if an enemy were to detonate a nuclear weapon in the atmosphere over the the country creating an electromagnetic pulse (EMP). It would immediately shut down the entire power grid, including all communication. In the past I've been able to read this kind of stuff and not be concerned, but in this climate, with Iran and the possibility of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of the Taliban, I think it's something we all ought to, at least, have in the backs of our minds. This is so realistic, because the idea would be to disable us but not hurt the infrastructure. EMP is real, and I've been perusing survivalblog.com which mentions it as well; I think they call it EMI (electromagnetic impulse).

Let me say, I didn't do anything during the 2000 scare thing; but this is totally different. As someone mentioned, if you have medication that's critical, you need to try to get a couple of refills ahead, on that, at the very least, along with some bottled water and some camping supplies. Hey, great if we never need it, but it sure can't hurt to have it--just don't tell your neighbors; they'll think you've gone over the edge! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyApril 30th 2009, 18:19

I think I might make a shirt that says something like

" Recently I survived:

Killer Bees, West Nile, Mad Cow, Swine, Flu Killer Sharks, Killer Lettuce, Killer Ozone Hole, Deadly SARS, Deadly Tomatoes, El Nino, and Bigfoot. "

The longer this goes without killing thousands, the more fishy it smells to me. But I will admit to always being a skeptic of stuff like this. Hey...paranoia is something I know about. Wink

They're screaming FLU, while they "invade and occupy" corporate America. Might not be THE reason, and might just be a koinky-dink, but you never know, do you? Only time will tell.

btw - they are also sneaking by "hate-crime" legislation and Obama's 3 trillion $ budget.

Possibly, the whole thing is one gigantic wheel-play to cover all the bases and hide everything in a huge cloud of panic.
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: WHO fears complications if HIV and H1N1 viruses combine   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyMay 2nd 2009, 12:16

I just read an article about the fear that H1N1 cross-breading with HIV virus. Would it be that if that happened, someone coudl sneeze and 10 people get AIDS.

WHO fears complications if HIV and H1N1 viruses combine

As I said before, the concerns are not about the present HiN1 but the quiet mutation that takes place during the summer months and what leaps out in the late fall flu season. That was the pattern that he Spanish Flu took.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyMay 2nd 2009, 17:22

I'll just cling to my guns and Faith, do some gardening, and praying,
then just keep abreast of the situation.
The numbers look stupid low atm though.

Standard precautions go a long way.
Back to top Go down
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyMay 3rd 2009, 17:29

Agreed. I ain't going to hide in the cellar until 2012. I just might add a few items to our war chest. That's all.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyMay 4th 2009, 14:07

I'll not hide even 'til 2010.

I've been spreading word about farming/gardening regulation that needs to be dropped.

They've ruined the home grown potatoes already. (see other thread)

Less gov., less regulation.

On all the issues, keep it steady on um.
Like the little engine that could.
Back to top Go down
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Surprise, surprise, surprise   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyMay 6th 2009, 12:15

]US reports 642 new H1N1 flu cases
The danger here is complacency. Swine flu is last weeks news.

Second strain of flu
This happened quicker than I expected. I did not think we would see a mutation until the fall.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed EmptyMay 6th 2009, 13:00

if maintaining proper hygienic methods can get rid of Plague, I think it can get rid of more.

I've heard people say 'clenliness is next to godlyness'.
It isn't in the bible that I know of, and I don't know really, but
The people adopted it, and it got them through many times of pestilence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swine Flu being downplayed   Swine Flu being downplayed Empty

Back to top Go down

Swine Flu being downplayed
Page 1 of 1