LibertyCalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LibertyCalls

LibertyCalls.org Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Get your paint brushes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DecepticonDon
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
DecepticonDon

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Get your paint brushes Empty
PostSubject: Get your paint brushes   Get your paint brushes EmptyMay 30th 2009, 10:01

Your tax dollars at work.
These "bubble thinkers" believe they have a solution for everything.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/5389278/Obamas-green-guru-calls-for-white-roofs.html

I did some research on this subject and found:
http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/002185.html

--43,480 square miles for all highways, streets, buildings, parking lots and other solid structures
--3,790,000 square miles for total area of the US

1.15% of the US land mass is covered by hard surfaces.

Remove the roads, parking lots and sidewalks, then rooftops cover LESS THAN ONE PERCENT of the Area of the US.

I am no Physicist/scientist/reasearcher, but the idea that such a small a percentage of land area "would offset the global warming effects of all the cars in the world for 11 years" is beyond absurd.

That is some straight-up 1984, Big Brother invented numbers.

Compound that with the pollution/emissions associated with production and distribution of that much paint, and these folks are certifiably crazy. Or just so lacking in common sense that they couldn't pour pee-pee out of a boot with the instructions on the heel. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Get your paint brushes   Get your paint brushes EmptyJune 7th 2009, 16:31

Don, exactly. It's like me saying to the lady I work with that we have "enough trees."
She was talking about "planting a tree" on earth day and I told her we had plenty already. She looked as if I'd cursed her mother and told her the earth was flat.

" What do you mean, we have enough already?!??!!?" she says.

I said, well, if you'll drive about 45 minutes north of here( to the Chattahoochee National Forest - not to mention all the trees out of the city that aren't in the CNF) , there are more trees than you have ever seen, or can imagine. She just looked like she didn't believe me. Some people just never get out of "town" and believe everything the nightly news tells them.

Sure, America( and the world) has people in it. Sure, there are big cities and bright lights....but don't tell me we should all "plant a tree" to help the environment - and today, with the tech we have available to us - you don't even have to go out of "town" to know the truth. All you have to do is take a little spin around "google earth" and you'll see that man's impact on the earth in terms of trees/pavement is not nearly as dramatic and evil as the MSM would have you think.
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
milliam
milliam

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Get your paint brushes   Get your paint brushes EmptyJune 9th 2009, 12:51

Hey...I like trees Laughing .

Plant'em I say! Razz
Back to top Go down
DonnaC
Defender of Liberty
Defender of Liberty

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Get your paint brushes   Get your paint brushes EmptyJune 10th 2009, 09:33

Actually, I believe I've heard Rush say there are more trees here now than there were when Columbus landed! Fires, from lightening and what have you, would ordinarily burn acres and acres of trees; but because we interfere, this doesn't happen. Also, we replant so many of the trees we use for industrial purposes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get your paint brushes   Get your paint brushes Empty

Back to top Go down

Get your paint brushes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LibertyCalls :: Liberty or Death-
Jump to: