LibertyCalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LibertyCalls

LibertyCalls.org Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stopping the Chrysler-Fiat sale by government fiat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilberforce
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Stopping the Chrysler-Fiat sale by government fiat Empty
PostSubject: Stopping the Chrysler-Fiat sale by government fiat   Stopping the Chrysler-Fiat sale by government fiat EmptyJune 9th 2009, 10:36

So Justice Ginsburg, that great defender of capitalism and liberty, has enjoined the Chrysler-Fiat transaction so that pensioners (i.e., union members) have a better opportunity to object (i.e., extort more money out of the sale). It looks like it will eventually go through, but not before the union vultures have a chance to pick at the carcass a little more.

Look for Chrysler and GM to be like Amtrak--continuous loss of money, little reason to innovate, and generally mediocre service.

And while we're on the auto industry, does it bother anybody else just how much Sean Hannity is owned by GM? They sponsor his program, so he's always defending them, to the extent the other day that I heard him hawking GM cars because the government is going to stand behind their warranty. I know Sean's got a program to run, and he does have to keep up the $40MM annual salary, but can the buy-off be any more blatant?

I say let Chrysler and GM go bankrupt, like every other company, and let them see whether they can come out of it or go the way of the Edsel. If there's a market for cars in America, another company will rise from their ashes to supply that market.
Back to top Go down
milliam
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
milliam

Male Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Chrysler-Fiat sale by government fiat   Stopping the Chrysler-Fiat sale by government fiat EmptyJune 9th 2009, 12:40

http://www.gregpalast.com/grand-theft-auto-how-stevie-the-rat-bankrupted-gm/

I've heard this from my stock show guy, but no where else. Basically, they are saying that the banks are going to get back 100% of their money while the other people owed will get very little, if anything. Supposedly the money to pay the banks will come from the GM pension program.

Can the corrupt relationship between the banks and the government be made an more blatant? I guess it can since most people don't see it.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Chrysler-Fiat sale by government fiat   Stopping the Chrysler-Fiat sale by government fiat EmptyJune 9th 2009, 14:51

Oh, now, now.

You sound like me, asking a few days back why he put all his eggs in the RINO basket still. Smile lol

(I thought the same thing when I heard him on a GM commerical the other day - I thougt " how can this guy sit there and work for them - under contract I suppose...)
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Chrysler-Fiat sale by government fiat   Stopping the Chrysler-Fiat sale by government fiat Empty

Back to top Go down

Stopping the Chrysler-Fiat sale by government fiat
Page 1 of 1