LibertyCalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LibertyCalls

LibertyCalls.org Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ammuntion supply--It has begun

Go down 
+3
milliam
CaptainBob
DecepticonDon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DecepticonDon
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
DecepticonDon

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Ammuntion supply--It has begun Empty
PostSubject: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyMarch 16th 2009, 17:19

http://www.georgia-arms.com/

Attention!!

Due to new government regulations concerning the purchasing of surplus brass, we are removing sales of all 223 and all 308 until further notice. Below is a copy of the email we received from Government Liquidations.
"Effective immediately DOD Surplus, LLC, will be implementing new requirements for mutilation of fired shell casings. The new DRMS requirement calls for DOD Surplus personnel to witness the mutilation of the property and sign the Certificate of Destruction. Mutilation of the property can be done at the DRMO, if permitted by the Government, or it may be mutilated at a site chosen by the buyer. Mutilation means that the property will be destroyed to the extent prevents its reuse or reconstruction. DOD Surplus personnel will determine when property has been sufficiently mutilated to meet the requirements of the Government. "

This is a huge waste of taxpayer's money. The value of these products is reduced by 80% by going from a recycled product to a scrap product.

CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod-ends-sale-of-expended-military.html
Back to top Go down
CaptainBob
CaptainBob

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Next step? It won't be pretty   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyMarch 16th 2009, 20:12

In years past, voters were able to correct the course of our nation by electing the right people. This time the situation is shaping up to be beyond such repair. I believe we are headed for full-scale civil "unrest" and it won't be over until life as we once knew it is destroyed. If that seems harsh, consider we are only 2 months into the Change 'n' Hope of the new BamaNation. That means we have 46 more months to endure. No, it ain't gunna be purty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bobburdick.com
milliam
milliam

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyMarch 16th 2009, 22:18

Yep, this will be the way it all gets going. Ammo is getting incredilbly hard to get. I was in an outdoors store today and the guy said he got in his shipment in the morning and it was all gone before lunch. Walmart had 2 boxes of .40 and a few boxes of .223 and that was it.

Pretty crazy that the government is just throwing that money away, but that's what they do. There's no telling how much money we've thrown away on equipment in Iraq and Afghanistan. Can you imagine the .50 cal brass just sitting around in the sand. Maybe I can get a contract to go over and clean it all up. Actually, they should pay me to help the environment over there...yeah, that's the ticket.

I agree that voting doesn't seem to be the answer anymore....I guess it really hasn't for a long time now.

I talked with a outdoors store owner over the weekend and he said that he couldn't keep handguns in stock. That lots of people were buying them that usually wouldn't and they all felt like there was going to be some sort of civil unrest soon. Said he couldn't get ammo either. He said you can't find .380 ammo anywhere.

Changes are a comin!
Back to top Go down
DecepticonDon
DecepticonDon

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 12:40

http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2009/03/18/dod-upon-further-review-spent-military-brass-will-be-sold/

OK, it seems like the gov won't be scrapping the brass cases after all.
I wouldn't put it past them to try something else though.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 20:23

Hey Milliam( or anyone),

I just found a site about the Jacksonian Party. Ever heard of it? Me neither. Looked pretty interesting though. Don't know if it's a real party or just an idea, but it sounds pretty good to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: .223/5.56   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyApril 10th 2009, 11:14

I bought 1000 rnds from AmmoMan.Com . I think I go the last box since I have never seen it in stock since my order. I have slowly been accumulating .223 and probably have 1400 rnds total. Shuler's in Gainesville usually has some Russian .223 (65 gr.)ammo for $8/20. Eveytime I go by there I pick up 5 boxes.

We also have prepared ourselves with food/water stores. Nitro-Pak sells dried foods good for 30 yrs. We figure we have over a year's supply.

If a hurricane (Ike) that never came to Georgia could knock us to our knees, imagine what a total social breakdown coudl do?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyApril 11th 2009, 11:18

10 years ago, I'd say you were a little over-prepared there Springer - but these days...I'd say you're better prepared than most( including me).
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Re: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyApril 11th 2009, 13:02

Thanks,
You know, 10, no maybe 20 years ago if I met someone as prepared as me, I would have snickered and thoght that I was either talking to a paranoid whacko or a soldier-of-fortune wannabe. But now is a different time.

I am an post-grad educated, successful father of three and husband. I am also a student of history and an observer of patterns. We are approaching the perfect storm for a cultural/socialtal collapse. What is different now than any other time in history is the populationi density. The slightest disruption of services and our cities will implode. Look at New Orleans.

I believe it is the responsibility of every head of household to be able to care for(and defend) their family for a sustained period of time. Don't look to the government to protect you. It may just be the government that you need to protect yourself from.

The world may love our new president but they also see him(rightly) as a weak light-weight. His resume was raising money for a new playground. Now he is in charge of defending the most powerful country in the world!!

Talk about the dog catching the firetruck!
Back to top Go down
CaptainBob
CaptainBob

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: How true   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyApril 11th 2009, 14:52

>I believe it is the responsibility of every head of household to be able to care for(and defend) their family for a sustained period of time. Don't look to the government to protect you. It may just be the government that you need to protect yourself from.

9-11 was bad but it pales against what could easily happen given the weapons of today. Within a short while after a major event, the big cities will become zoos and otherwise normal folks will resemble cannibals looking for prey. Easy to see when you realize trucks pour into and out of places like NYC 24/7. That is, it takes steady supply to meet the demand. Disrupt supply and you have the makings of a zoo.

For this reason alone, the disruption of services, it makes good sense to have the means to look after you and yours. That it might take arms to defend ourselves is not a lovely thought, but it is certainly a possibility. The way I see it, the difference between paranoid and prepared is the same as the difference between victim and survivor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bobburdick.com
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Re: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyApril 16th 2009, 22:33

For those interested, Ammo Man has a new stock of ammo. Though he is backed up by 3700 orders, he believes he can fullfil your order in two weeks.

Ammo Man
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyApril 16th 2009, 22:39

At least some of the Gainesville crowd had a clear view of...
Shuler's Great Outdoors What a Face
Back to top Go down
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Re: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyApril 17th 2009, 10:38

catocom wrote:
At least some of the Gainesville crowd had a clear view of...
Shuler's Great Outdoors What a Face

I get by there about once a week. And I always stop in at Brad's. Good people at both places.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyApril 17th 2009, 20:46

many places need to get back to good service, and real knowledgeably like those, and some others.
This outsourcing, and ignorant sales people at some other places have nearly numbed my sense to it some.

I like getting Real people that really know their stuff.
Back to top Go down
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Re: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyApril 18th 2009, 01:22

www.ammoman.com has some stock to sell. I will probably be buying another 1000 rounds of .223 so you better hurry or else you will be buying from me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
griffey6
griffey6

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Wolf Ammo   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyJune 26th 2009, 19:37

Be careful of that .223 Wolf ammo. The steel cartridges will tear a bolt up in no time.

RLTW!
Back to top Go down
milliam
milliam

Male Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun EmptyJune 29th 2009, 13:01

FWIW...I've had no trouble with the Wolf steel cased ammo in my AR. I've got a couple of thousand rounds of the stuff through it and haven't seen any issues.

With that said, the Wolf ammo price has jumped high enough that now its probably better in the long run to shoot the brass cased ammo and reload it. Back a year or two ago, you could buy Wolf ammo for under $100 per thousand. I think its up around $300 now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ammuntion supply--It has begun   Ammuntion supply--It has begun Empty

Back to top Go down

Ammuntion supply--It has begun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LibertyCalls :: 2nd Amendment Issues-
Jump to: