Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants TEA?   March 23rd 2009, 18:40

Fellow Patriots....our permit has been granted by the City of Gainesville, and we are set to have our little Tea Party!

Just in case you missed it, here's a run down of the details:

Gainesville Georgia Tax Day Tea Party
Downtown Gainesville, Poultry Park ( The Chicken Statue!) Corner of Jesse Jewell and W. Academy St.
The time for the event has been modified slightly - it will be from 4:00PM to 6:00PM
A map of the area is available on the front page of the main website: www.libertycalls.org

We have MUCH to do, and a short time frame in which to work. We have 22 members now, and I received 7 emails over the weekend from people wanting to confirm the location, date, etc.
With the permit granted, you can now all act like Paul Revere and get out there and spread the word. I am already thinking that perhaps my estimate for the number of people that are expected might be a little low. We shall see...

Also, I will need a couple of people to help my wife and I clean up any trash left behind if there is any. Please let me know if you are willing to help us do this. It shouldn't take long, unless 300 people show up.
Oh wow. I think it just hit me. We're really going to do this....and THIS is just our first baby step! Smile

Thank you all so much for signing up and reading the forum. Now, I'm going to call on you to take another step with us and volunteer to put action behind your words...or your registration as it were. I believe we can do great things....

I heard Mark Levin on the radio today talking about the Tea Parties and other events......and the word from Mr. Levin is that there isn't a revival of conservatism coming....that there isn't a backlash against leftist ideals on the way....that it is HERE!

Please do whatever you can to help. This is the most crucial time in the existance of LibertyCalls.org. Please get your friends and neighbors that might be interested in what we are doing to log into the website and get involved. We will soon have cards and other items available.

As for the rules per the permit...I will post them up in a seperate thread so that they cannot be missed.

Thanks again everyone! It might seem like just a silly permit to some...but to me, this is a great day indeed!

Back to top Go down
http://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants TEA?   March 24th 2009, 17:48

UPDATE:

Just so you know, I talked with the Gainesville PD and if we have more than 50 people show up( my estimate on the permit application), it won't be a problem.

I told them we might run "150 to 200 to I don't know how many" people.

So, spread the word Patriots.

Also, we may have a pre-rally meeting point in order to pass out flyers or take donations, or a post-rally meeting point. Still working on getting that worked out. We cannot hand out literature at the rally, however.
Which reminds me I need to get those rules up.

I hope you guys are as excited about this as I am! Once our name is out there, we can really dig in and start to grow the new conservative movement in a big way in Georgia.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants TEA?   March 24th 2009, 18:56

Another Update....

I have the permit in hand, and it says that we must remain on the sidewalk. Now, the sidewalk there is quite long, and about 6 or 7 feet wide, but having speakers would be difficult if they make us all stand in a line. Also, it's going to be hard to fit 500 people on that sidewalk. What a Face

Let you know when I hear back from the police Chief regarding the sidewalk thing. Say a prayer, cross your fingers, whatever you do, do it. Smile LOL

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants TEA?   March 25th 2009, 13:30

Final Update....

I've just cleared us with the City and Parks and Recreation for the use of the whole park! So, folks......let's get the word out! Smile

Any further updates will have their own thread. I hope to have the transcript of the permit rules up by this weekend.

The only stipulation by Parks and Rec. was that it be left as it was found. So, again - there is a need for volunteers that can stay after for a little while and help us clean up any litter, etc. that might be there when we depart.

Jeff J.

Back to top Go down
maysunsmiracle
Liberty Leaders
Liberty Leaders

Female Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: speakers? music   March 25th 2009, 18:31

Are we going to have any speakers to speak to us or music or entertainment? Just curious?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants TEA?   March 25th 2009, 22:02

We are working on speakers.

I will probably bore you all to tears with a 10-15 minute talk, if nothing else.
Possumdawg, have you had any luck with a speaker?

I can stretch it to 30 minutes if you guys let me sing, but that would probably clear Poultry Park faster than you could say "porkulous. " Smile

Back to top Go down
maysunsmiracle
Liberty Leaders
Liberty Leaders

PostSubject: fair tax   March 26th 2009, 08:39

I just got an email from the GA fairtax group and I guess on April 15th they are meeting at post offices all over GA? Too bad we aren't all united...It would make a much bigger statement
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants TEA?   March 26th 2009, 11:11

I have tried in vain to contact anyone and everyone from the GA Fair Tax group and never received a single reply. I tried to ask Martha Zoller to have them get in touch with us. The only person I didn't contact was Boortz. Rolling Eyes

Apparently, like the Hall Co. GOP, they are not interested. What a shame...but we will press on! Smile

Back to top Go down
maysunsmiracle
Liberty Leaders
Liberty Leaders

PostSubject: ideas?   March 28th 2009, 17:34

So i'm just knocking around some promotion ideas here..I have 200 flyers to be distributed..a few have already been given to people, but I'd really like to have them approved by you Mr Admin before I hand too many out...I gave hubby creative control and he used some graphics from the original tea party site, which is fine i'm sure and then a big old "no smoking ringy" thing around the IRS? I hope that is ok?. you know how people write on their cars for certain events with the shoe polish? Well...I was thinking of advertising the tea party on my back windshield this way... Anyone else interested? Or maybe just putting libertycalls.org on the back? But then I remembered the rain. ugh..I'm sure there will be a few pretty days before the party though that I can put it on there...Seriously though...if a bunch of us do that, things like that really do catch on.. And what about the campaign style signs? I know we could get a few places that are high traffic to allow them to be posted..I'm willing to help out with that too...Most people that I have been talking to seem a bit skittish (and largely underinformed) and are afraid of the whole idea and are trying to make sure that we are not bashing Obama..(go figure?) Most people I know are still very much "asleep" to what is happening and the fact that it actuall started before Obama, although he has taken it to a new level....so I see the importance of not coming off that way to most people...It's an American thing right? Not a partisan thing.
oh well...now i'm just rambling....
and hey admin.....i'm home for the next two hours (kiddos and dad went to movie) ....since you aren't outta town maybe I can get those flyers to you....anyone else want some flyers please contact me
Kelly
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants TEA?   March 29th 2009, 20:40

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Yes, the anti-IRS thing is fine. I think everyone that supports liberty should also check out the Fair Tax movement and lend support there too( even if they wouldn't return my emails. Smile )

PS - Someone called the house named Charlie. We either wrote down the wrong number or the number you gave us isn't working. Please send me an email if you see this or call again and leave us another number. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
maysunsmiracle
Liberty Leaders
Liberty Leaders

PostSubject: flyers etc.   March 30th 2009, 08:07

Hi...There are now flyers up at Loco's Deli and Pub, Starbucks, and on the Square at Main St Market...Please patronize these buisnesses as they were all very happy to let me hang flyers up for the cause of freedom. A few people have handed out more and have been spreading the word too. Flyers on the way to Gainesville College and Brenau today...anyone else need some?
Contact me at 678.717.9245 and I'll try to meet up to get more out. I still have over 150ish? left...
Kelly
Back to top Go down
DecepticonDon
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
LibertyCalls.org Supporter

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants TEA?   March 30th 2009, 08:14

maysunsmiracle wrote:
Most people that I have been talking to seem a bit skittish (and largely underinformed) and are afraid of the whole idea and are trying to make sure that we are not bashing Obama..(go figure?) Most people I know are still very much "asleep" to what is happening and the fact that it actuall started before Obama, although he has taken it to a new level....so I see the importance of not coming off that way to most people...It's an American thing right? Not a partisan thing.

Several people I have talked to are certain that it will be an Anti-Obama rally.
Some you could not convince, even after telling them Anti-Obama rhetoric is noticeably absent from the http://www.nationwidechicagoteaparty.com/ web page.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants TEA?   March 30th 2009, 16:09

If they are worried that we are bashing Obama, then as far as I can tell from just that sentiment - they are not on our side. I wouldn't worry about it. If they aren't ready to be anti-obama then they are lost.

THank you for helping out.

Hey, can I get those flyers from you tonight? If not, tomorrow night is still ok? I'll check back here before I leave for home today.

You're doing great! Smile THANK YOU!

Back to top Go down
maysunsmiracle
Liberty Leaders
Liberty Leaders

PostSubject: on the radio!   March 30th 2009, 18:26

WoooHooo!!! Did anyone else hear Martha Zoller this am?? She mentioned the GA tea parties and the Gainesville one specifically with the time ... she didn't mention the location though but she did refer everyone to the taxdaytea party site...however our party is not listed on there? !!
...call me and I can meet you tonight with the flyers..
jeff? right?
Kelly
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants TEA?   March 30th 2009, 19:06

GREAT NEWS! I can't listen at work, so I didn't know. I spent several minutes last night emailing her blackberry. Smile THANK YOU MARTHA!

The reason we are not on that site, is that it has been HACKED, and was down off and on for most of the weekend according to my contact Sherri Reese with Don'tGoMovement. She promised to get us up there as soon as they can access the site to add events again. We weren't up there at first, because I didn't have the permit the first time I talked to her about organizing a Tea Party.

Mayasun, i'll call you in five minutes. Smile

thanks!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants TEA?   

Back to top Go down

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Who wants TEA?
Page 1 of 1