LibertyCalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LibertyCalls

LibertyCalls.org Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day Empty
PostSubject: Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day   Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day EmptyApril 21st 2009, 21:00

Please post up here if you are willing to drive your vehicle in your town's Independence Day parade. LibertyCalls.org will provide a sign with our logo/name on it, and you provide whatever other messages you want with regard to the Tea Party movement, conservative values, etc. ( Please no "eat at Joe's" Smile LOL )

Please post up in this format:

(your name or nickname)
(your town)
( your vehicle) *because we may alter signs to fit, if necessary

If you have a truck and can fill the back with people holding signs, etc. all the better. Also, if you have a loud radio and want to play some patriotic music that will fit the occassion and set the mood for this historical thing we are doing, I know where you can get that, too.
Wanna sample?

I give you, the sound of American Independence:

Drum and Fife Yankee Doodle

If you don't know the history of the song "yankee doodle" it is very interesting, and you should look it up, you patriot you.

OK, so below this please post up if you are willing to do this. If you loved how the Tea Party made you feel, wait until you're driving your truck or car in the July 4th parade and people are cheering and waving, and at the same time - some are waking up to the reality that liberty is calling to THEM! ( We'll work on signs designed to motivate and wake people up!)

Before the event, we will be getting together online via a chat that I will set up, and we will all meet up before the 4th somewhere central if possible to give out signs, etc. If this really takes off that may not be possible, but we'll give it a shot.
OK, so who can get me into the Atlanta Parade? Seriously.

Come to think of it - what about we put a vehicle or five into the parade in Atlanta and have about 2000 of our closest friends join us to walk the route?

yeah i know, but hey - if you're gonna dream, right? Smile

Anyone?

Last edited by Admin on July 19th 2009, 06:35; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day   Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day EmptyApril 24th 2009, 14:54

I am picking up that there is going to be another formal tax protest July 4th. I havn't seen anything on TeaParty Atlanta and may call some of the organizers but if that is happening, I will be in Atlanta at a March. The Tea=Party really got me worked up.

If not I will do something local.

Can you make a sign we can mount on the Harley or have the wife carry on the back?
Back to top Go down
geejay95
geejay95

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day   Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day EmptyApril 26th 2009, 20:25

my friend had a good idea for a sign, a little strong for now but maybe in the future, "We did not bring our guns, THIS TIME!!!" i know we are not even close to that but it makes me feel good to know i am not the only one who is passionate, i would look forward to this event on the fourth and would take part, have a pickup available and I love patriotic songs, and you know, on the 15th i went to the post office with fairtaxers and then to poultry park and then got to atlanta at 8 for Hannity and would do multiple events for the 4th too, if the rally and parade were scheduled at different times. I love the parade idea and hope it does not die. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Re: Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day   Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day EmptyApril 26th 2009, 20:36

geejay95 wrote:
my friend had a good idea for a sign, a little strong for now but maybe in the future, "We did not bring our guns, THIS TIME!!!"

That was at the Atlanta Tea Party.

I think it read

We Come Unarmed ... this time.

I don't have trouble with it. It is a mixture of sarcasm with a hint of warning mixed in.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day   Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day EmptyApril 27th 2009, 17:46

I like it too.

What I was planning on doing was making just the LibertyCalls signs, and then letting folks make whatever other signs they want.

Right now, I know we are going to be officially helping/attending the July 4th Tea Party at Gwinnett Place Mall( in conjunction with Freedomworks.org), but I was hoping that earlier in the day we could spread the LC.org name in local parades. I'm really leaning towards keeping LC.org running as is, and trying to expand it, while also being involved in starting a FW chapter.

Also, there is a call out today for State Co-ordinators with Tea Party Patriots, and I'm thinking about telling them that if they need me, I'd help them do that until my obligations wouldn't allow me to continue. But I don't want to short-change them and only work for them for a month.( when I say "work" that doesn't mean "get paid" now. Wink LOL)

So, there's alot coming at me, and I just want to do the right thing....sorry for the rambling into another subject.

I like the "this time" sign. I do wonder if the case could be made that it is a threat, however. I think we are going to have to be more careful as this moves along. Not more timid, not less aggressive in our stand....but more careful. Patriots don't do us any good in jail. Wink HEH.
Back to top Go down
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

PostSubject: Re: Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day   Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day EmptyApril 27th 2009, 19:14

I went to Free Republic and promoted LC. FR has a chapter for each state so I encouraged Georgians to come by and at least take a look. You my want to try a more formal approach and see if Jim Robinson might give you a plug for a while. I used to exchange E-mails with him and he is really a great guy. It sure would get LC some exposure.

I like the idea of LC maintaining some autonomy. I was the only voter to say keep it separate. It is fun to grow with something from the ground up so I guess I have my own selfish reasons.

I assume you are going to be at the Athens Tea Party. If so, let's introduce and kick some ideas around.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day   Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day EmptyApril 28th 2009, 17:58

We are! No one from the org. has replied to my emails asking if they need help, so the wife and I are going to go and just enjoy this one! Smile

I hope to get lots of photos, and I'm hoping to go capitalist and try to get one good enough to sell a few copies of it. Eventually, LC.org is gonna need some stuff! Smile wooohooo!

I'll try to get in touch with the freeperking over there. Smile Thanks!
Back to top Go down
geejay95
geejay95

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day   Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day EmptyApril 29th 2009, 17:37

hey jeff are you speaking about the gwinnett tea party and what is the deal with the parade? is it still on? how can I help?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day   Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day EmptyApril 29th 2009, 17:53

Hey Gee, no I was talking about the one in Athens, GA on May 9th. The website for that one is here...

Athens, GA Tea Party May 9th

I haven't had a taker yet to put their vehicle in their hometown parade for LC.org. I'm going to try and get my truck into the Gainesville Memorial Day parade and the July 4th parade. I'll need folks to ride in the back, maybe with signs, maybe with something else(whatever we can think of).

I'd also still like for other towns to have LC.org vehicles in them.

As for the tea party at Gwinnett Place Mall on the 4th of July, I'll be working more on that with Gwinnett Freedomworks county coordinator Debbie in the near future and will put out a call for help, etc.
Right now, you guys can just spread the word about these events. Obama said today that we should seek "intelligent" solutions and not tea parties, so solve the budget deficit ( read PORKULUS and BAILOUTS).

He's beginning to talk like a guy that's had 1 too many snorts. I think I see cracks in the administration....and it's causing them to misstep every day. We have to keep up the pressure, and keep it building on them. And bigger attendance at Tea Parties, and people taking the " Tea Party Attitude" with them in their daily lives will do that.

When anything comes up with the governments hands in our private lives...follow Nancy Reagan's lead and JUST SAY NO.

btw - the Gov. just took socialized medicine and healthcare a step further today, but that's another post. . .
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day   Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day EmptyJune 7th 2009, 09:38

OK, now is the time to sacrifice a little for Liberty. I'd like to get some vehicles into some local parades and grow the membership.

Anyone still up for this, send me a PM or email. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day   Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Volunteer your Vehicle for Independence Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LibertyCalls :: Calls to Action-
Jump to: