LibertyCalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LibertyCalls

LibertyCalls.org Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Swine Flu Pandemic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SpringerRider
Patriot
SpringerRider

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Swine Flu Pandemic Empty
PostSubject: The Swine Flu Pandemic   The Swine Flu Pandemic EmptyApril 25th 2009, 14:39

Before I start, I don't want to come off as an alarmist. I have a little background in epidemiology in that I worked at the CDC for four years in Emergency Response and then two years in Infectious Diseases. Those two positions gave me a lot of knowledge of epidemics, pandemics and nosocomial infections.

Why am I posting this in 2nd Amendment? Because mush about owning weapons is being prepared for the worst. Between this morning and this afternoon, the fatality in Mexico City went from 62 to 68 deaths. Tomorrow we may read 332 deaths and by next week we may talk in thousands. That is how epidemics work.

Now fast forward three months where we are already hearing about outbreaks in various cities. At first there would be guarantees that there would be no quarantines but went the casualty rates began to climb, demands would be made to seal off infected cities and non-infected area would be making demands to remain infection free. America takes on a siege mentality. With Atlanta being the largest hub in the world, the odds of an outbreak are very high.

One of the first commodities to be affected would be rolling stock. Tracks and rail might be diverted around infected cities. Food coming to infected areas might be delivered and distributed by national guard and they don Anti-C’s and hepa masks. They may also come into to remove the dead. These troubled areas would be prone to mob formations. Disenchanted groups would band together to prey on the weak. A city would implode in a month. If the spread were far and wide, the government may consider heavily infected areas as abandoned regions where no one can go in or out until the epidemic subsides.

Okay, so I sound like a paranoid wacko? Right? If I was sitting next to you in a bar on September 10th, 2001 and told you that I thought it was possible for terrorists to crash airliners into America skyscrapers, you would have called me loony. If I told that an entire major US southern city would nearly be wiped off the map by a hurricane would you have believed me?

In my first post, I expressed that I am well stocked in arms, ammo and food. And I am. We believe we have over six months of food stores and I think I cleaned Ammo Man out of .223 and .40. I have decided long ago that I am not going to stand in a bread line and I also will insure that only those I can deduct from my taxes will be eating my stored food. I am advising you all to do the same.

Now you do not have to stock as we have but you might want to hedge your bets, just a little. When you go to Wal-Mart or Sam’s and pick up a can of beans, pick up a case of 24. Pick up several cases of foods eat time you shop. Keep a pantry going with a rotating stock. You have nothing to lose. A plastic 50 gallon barrel can be kept in the garage, ready to be filled with water when required. I keep two Gerry cans of gas and use it regular in my jeep and then refill them. That way the gas never sours. I also have a generator. All these things have multiple uses. Gas works in lawn mowers. Generator is used when we have a storm. What we do is a little lifestyle change but it does not interfere with our day to day living. Actually we all sleep a little better.

Also, every member of my family are trained with firearms. Three of us have carry permits. Two are black-belts. We hope to be around after a major catastrophe. We would like to have likeminded friends there with us.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-02-28

The Swine Flu Pandemic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Swine Flu Pandemic   The Swine Flu Pandemic EmptyJune 7th 2009, 16:48

Quote :
In my first post, I expressed that I am well stocked in arms, ammo and food. And I am. We believe we have over six months of food stores and I think I cleaned Ammo Man out of .223 and .40. I have decided long ago that I am not going to stand in a bread line and I also will insure that only those I can deduct from my taxes will be eating my stored food. I am advising you all to do the same.

Now you do not have to stock as we have but you might want to hedge your bets, just a little. When you go to Wal-Mart or Sam’s and pick up a can of beans, pick up a case of 24. Pick up several cases of foods eat time you shop. Keep a pantry going with a rotating stock. You have nothing to lose. A plastic 50 gallon barrel can be kept in the garage, ready to be filled with water when required. I keep two Gerry cans of gas and use it regular in my jeep and then refill them. That way the gas never sours. I also have a generator. All these things have multiple uses. Gas works in lawn mowers. Generator is used when we have a storm. What we do is a little lifestyle change but it does not interfere with our day to day living. Actually we all sleep a little better.

Excellent advice. Don't know how i missed this when it was posted. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com

The Swine Flu Pandemic
Page 1 of 1