LibertyCalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LibertyCalls

LibertyCalls.org Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Water and Freedom

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilberforce
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Water and Freedom   Water and Freedom EmptyMay 7th 2009, 21:03

I know it's not a huge encroachment on our freedom, but every little bit is one less area in which we are a free society. Has anybody else gone through the Imperial State of Georgia's Outdoor Water Use Registration Program? I'm supposed to pledge to the government that I will reduce my water consumption by 10% so that I can legally water the new sod I just installed? Are they kidding me? They can't force me to pledge allegiance to the US Flag, but they can require that I pledge fealty to the environmental movement, just so I can keep my hard-earned money from turning into brown patches of dead grass. Suspect

Just tell me the rules, and I'll follow them. But don't make me pledge to reduce usage--my word is important to me. I don't take commitments lightly, and I hate to be forced to commit to something that I don't believe is necessary and that doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water and Freedom   Water and Freedom EmptyMay 8th 2009, 09:15

This sounds like a good job for LC.org.

Is this a county thing? I've never heard of it.
We're planting grass right now, and I'm going to water it. I know there are limits to how long i can do this - but I haven't heard of this pledge thing. That's absurd.

And you know as well as I do, that it's not the big chunks, it's the little bites that finish off the elephant.

You could write them a strongly worded letter. It works so well for the UN, ya know.

Seriously, can we take this up with someone? Should we give the next council meeting a visit? Call someone? Let us know what we can do...

Did you know that matter(including water) is neither created nor destroyed? I understand a drought, but with the rain we're getting right now...and the fact that no one ran out of water during this "horrible drought".....

water restrictions are getting to be a bit silly.

So, when do we march? or send them 100 letters( we'll all have to write 30, but oh well. Wink LOL )

Seriously. can we do anything?

did i ask that already?
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
Wilberforce
Admin
Admin

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water and Freedom   Water and Freedom EmptyMay 8th 2009, 10:40

It's a state wide water thing, based on your drought zone. They tell your county what the minimum restrictions are, and your county is free to toughen the standards.

Here's the address for the water police site (think Barney Fife with a water cannon):

www.urbanagcouncil.com

By the way, it ain't much of a protest, and nobody else will know about it unless the water police come and knock on my door asking to see my concealed water permit, but I didn't sign it. If they want to use force to make me sign the permit, well, then, I guess we'll have to do some negotiation as to what I am willing to agree to.

In all seriousness, if they were interested in saving water, just allow market forces to work. Price water according to its availability, and we can all decide whether it's worth it for us to water our grass, or flush the potty, or make soup. Command and control economies just don't work as well for allocating resources.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water and Freedom   Water and Freedom EmptyMay 8th 2009, 12:21

So it's a county thing - this pledge? hmmm...

being in Hall co. i undertand water restrictions, believe you me. But I've never heard of having to "pledge" to do anything. It won't be long before they'll be telling us when we can use AC. ( in case anyone doesn't know, it's already been proposed a few times in different places/levels I'm pretty sure.)
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water and Freedom   Water and Freedom EmptyMay 8th 2009, 13:34

We're gonna get some Real rain this year.
I believe I felt lead to build bigger gardens this year, and I have faith that the rain will come.
Back to top Go down
Wilberforce
Admin
Admin

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water and Freedom   Water and Freedom EmptyMay 8th 2009, 17:31

Hey Admin, I don't know if you're in Gainesville city limits, but here's the link to their restrictions, and they have even more than where I live (like you have to post your Water Cop certificate in the front of your yard.)

http://www.gainesville.org/citydepartments.publicutilities.waterrestrictionsandconservation.asp

You'd think we were asking to house an M1 Tank or something dangerous!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water and Freedom   Water and Freedom EmptyMay 18th 2009, 21:37

Nope. We are in the county. But not far enough out, IMO.

You should see the sign ordinances here! pfft!
Back to top Go down
DecepticonDon
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
DecepticonDon

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water and Freedom   Water and Freedom EmptyMay 30th 2009, 09:25

I don't understand why we can't have desalinization plants here along the coast.
Unless something has changed, The Earth's surface is 3/4 ocean.

Seawater in, potable water and salt out.

Hey! Great Idea to mitigate the effects of rise in sea levels due to "global warming" uh, I mean "Climate change"
If we get enough people drinking water from the ocean, we won't have to worry about it rising! Razz
Back to top Go down
DonnaC
Defender of Liberty
Defender of Liberty

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Clean Water Restoration bill   Water and Freedom EmptyMay 30th 2009, 17:20

This is peanuts compared to what's coming down the pike from Washington!

This is a heads up on another noxious bill being pushed through the congress--sweetly called the Clean Water Restoration Act. What it actually does is give the federal government total jurisdiction over all water, navigable AND non-navigable, in the U.S. That means all lakes, ponds, creeks, even puddles and the water that comes off your roof during a rain! No kidding--water on private property! The wetlands thing has been bad enough, but if this passes, it will be even worse.

For those of us who know what a nightmare it's been dealing with the Corps of Engineers over our lakes here in Georgia, we need to get on the ball, right now; and let Chambliss and Isakson know this can absolutely not happen!

The bill number is 787, and the sponsor is Russ Feingold, of the famous McCain-Feingold debacle on campaign finance. There are currently 23 sponsors, 22 Dems and one independent. I really don't think any Republican will vote for it, but they need to get some blue-dog Dems to go along with them.
Back to top Go down
DecepticonDon
DecepticonDon

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water and Freedom   Water and Freedom EmptyJune 1st 2009, 13:17

It seem as if the endless onlslaught is meant to tell us that we should lie down and let the steamroller known as big government do what they wish.

I will be contacting "canned repsonse" Chambliss on this matter.
Whether it will do any good, we shall see. Typical grandstanding and chest-puffing will ensue.
Back to top Go down
DonnaC
Defender of Liberty
Defender of Liberty

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water and Freedom   Water and Freedom EmptyJune 1st 2009, 13:40

This would be the perfect opportunity, if it passes, for the state to step up and refuse to accept the mandate.

We can only hope, if Chambliss and Isakson know Georgians are paying attention, they would not dare vote for such egregious interference by the feds.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water and Freedom   Water and Freedom EmptyJune 1st 2009, 21:34

They already did, at least twice, on the bailouts.
They both knew their constituents didn't want it, by large majority call-ins.
That's why zax almost had a bad day.
I didn't vote him back in. I too went with buckley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Water and Freedom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water and Freedom   Water and Freedom Empty

Back to top Go down

Water and Freedom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LibertyCalls :: Liberty or Death-
Jump to: