LibertyCalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LibertyCalls

LibertyCalls.org Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Supreme Court Nominee

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilberforce
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Supreme Court Nominee Empty
PostSubject: Supreme Court Nominee   Supreme Court Nominee EmptyJune 1st 2009, 08:11

So the big debate among the Republican weenies is whether to oppose actively Judge Sotomayor, or whether to roll over the give the Dems what they want so we can point fingers later and say, "See, I told you so." Makes me want to revoke every vote I've ever given to a Republican senator (both current Georgia senators especially). Where's the leadership here? How little risk are these people willing to take? What's it gonna take, nominating Osama Bin Laden himself, before the Reflubs decide they might have some responsibility? We have twenty years of Souter's liberal voting record as a result of a failure to properly vet a nominee, and now they want to continue the tradition? And why? Because we can't stand to lose a few Hispanic votes, that's why.

Is Sotomayor's confirmation a done deal? Probably, but not certainly, especially with her anti-gun stance, her anti-white-male stance, and her poor approval ratings from fellow judges and attorneys who have argued before her. But it is a done deal if we just roll over and let her be confirmed. And than it emboldens the administration for the nomination of another, even more liberal judge next time. How hard is this stuff? Does nobody else see it?

Sign me, "A voter without a party."
Back to top Go down
DecepticonDon
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
DecepticonDon

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court Nominee   Supreme Court Nominee EmptyJune 1st 2009, 12:34

Given up on the party?
Those people hold no allegience to anything but making themselves more powerful.
I would like to think that this nation can reverse what has been happening of late. By nation, I mean "We the People". Not the Government and accompanying sycophants.

To me, political parties are nothing more than division utilized by conquerors, at least in their current form.

There will be a prominent 3rd party shortly. It will be comprised of those who are disillusioned by the current system.
No lip service allowed.
Back to top Go down
DonnaC
Defender of Liberty
Defender of Liberty

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court Nominee   Supreme Court Nominee EmptyJune 1st 2009, 17:07

I believe, in order to get a viable third party, someone with name recognition and a stellar reputation has to step forward in support. I don't know who that would be, but there has to be a "name" for folks to rally around in the beginning. Right now there are too many parties with the same basic philosophy, and none of them can really make any claim that sets them apart from the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court Nominee   Supreme Court Nominee Empty

Back to top Go down

Supreme Court Nominee
Page 1 of 1