LibertyCalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LibertyCalls

LibertyCalls.org Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Power Grab Overload

Go down 
+2
Admin
Wilberforce
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilberforce
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Power Grab Overload Empty
PostSubject: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 17th 2009, 15:19

Is there anybody else who feels like I do, that the announcements out of Washington about the power grab du jour are starting to overwhelm my ability to grasp all of them? I expect this is by design, but I feel as if I cannot keep up even with knowledge about the latest proposals, not to mention some of the older ones. For example, what have you heard about the union card check bill? Is it dead, alive, or just under radar? And did anybody react at all to the pork earmarks on the war spending bill making its way through Congress? And will today's announcement about regulating companies too big to fail become old news when tomorrow's health care proposal is announced through ABC-State TV? We've got plenty of fronts on which to choose our battles--I'm afraid I'm flock shooting rather than picking out a single duck.

What think ye? Is there a solution?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 17th 2009, 19:03

Yes, but I'm pretty sure that what I believe would stop Congress and the left would be considered illegal in most states. Ok, all of them. affraid

I think you hit the proverbial nail there, Wilbur......heard Rush say today that it's all part of the game to keep the American public off balance. Throw new stuff at 'em hard and fast and don't let up. Then, once they've figured out they're not as happy with you as they thought, and your approval numbers go down.....it's too late.

I think people are waking up, but they are content to think that the programs, spending and new laws they hear about are necessary....because the government tells them so. Oh, what a mess we are getting ourselves into. . . . .

...and where does it end?
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
Charlie Hustle

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 18th 2009, 08:31

Think just a moment and send the time-machine back just a bit. How far would we have to look back, to where we could state with reasonable certainty, that what is going on in our government now would have been met (at that time) with a STRONG Constitutional challenge? Along with the Constitutional challenge, wouldn't we have also had a movement toward impeachment by now?

I agree, that government is throwing so much stuff on the wall that we don't have time to examine it. Sadly, all that is being thrown on the wall is sticking to the wall. Who makes an industrial cleaner that is strong enough to remove all that crap? Question

I think almost everyone now is focused on their own survival and they are paying little (if any) attention to the big picture that government is painting on the lifetime canvas.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 18th 2009, 11:04

I think you are really on to something the Charlie. Wink
Back to top Go down
milliam
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
milliam

Male Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 18th 2009, 12:43

They are definitely taking advantage of the situation. Maybe at some point the people will stand up to one of thier power grabs, but it will be too late for all of the ones that have already happened. They can also keep getting more extreme with this stuff because something extreme today makes yesterday's extreme seem mundane.

They are just elevating the people's thinking to more government is good. At some point they will over step that and pull back down a rung, but by that time, we'll be well up the communism ladder, so to say.

I can't see this stuff ever reversing itself without a major, major incident. Too many people hooked on government stuff and too much advertisement for it from the media.

Charlie, I'm not sure where I'd stop that time machine at to see people that would stand up for themselves. I guess I've just seen too much of this government take over slowly happening to see where it wouldn't have worked. There's no doubt this rush of government take over would have met much higher resistance in the past, but the slow build up over the past years and the economic situation we're in has given them the perfect storm for this.

Anyone want to debate the conspiracy theory that the government, or worse yet, the one world order, is behind this whole econominc disaster and actually had it all planned out? affraid
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 18th 2009, 13:20

I believe there is coming a day of reckoning.
We have to just make sure we are right.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 19th 2009, 10:12

edit: wrong thread
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 26th 2009, 17:42

Cap and Trade

H.R. 2454
Time to call in. and tell um to vote "NO!"
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 26th 2009, 19:20

just passed 219-212

Time to focus on the senate now.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 27th 2009, 12:29

well take heart....
they passed it, but we locked down the phone lines again.

in it's current form, or anything close, I think the senate might kill it.
Back to top Go down
DonnaC
Defender of Liberty
Defender of Liberty

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Think Positive   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 27th 2009, 12:47

I'm thinking, considering how close the House vote was, the Senate will not go along. The House is notoriously more left than the Senate; and it only squeaked by there thanks to a bunch of miserable Republicans who now have targets on their backs. I'm reading, in a couple of places, they have until July 2 to change their votes. Is this true? I doubt they will, though, since they were all "bought off" with promise of earmark $$$.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 27th 2009, 13:34

IMO it depends on the Senate.
If the pressure is kept up, Reid mighty see he doesn't have it, and maybe drop it,
be he ain't close yet.

Make no mistake, this is not the time to let up on this.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 30th 2009, 18:51

Anyone want to debate the conspiracy theory that the government, or worse yet, the one world order, is behind this whole econominc disaster and actually had it all planned out?

I'll say this - I think the whole " economic situation" was caused by people in the government telling everyone how bad it was(or was going to be) until millions of people stopped spending money. Once you get that going, you just roll out the updated economic numbers as more and more sensible people do what is natural when you hear the sky is falling - save your money and stop going into debt - and the downward spiral is on.
Whether it's just the statists behind it, or some behind the scenes NWO, I don't know - but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter. Suddenly, the term " NWO" is everywhere, and I don't mean everywhere in conspiracy circles. I mean, everywhere in political bodies of countries around the world.

Anyway...

THEN, you add to that trillions in debt, the take over of private sector companies, and more czar's and executive orders than you can shake a stick at and ta-da......full blown recession, and people crying for the statists to "give them a house."

So, is this a sinister plot, or mere coincidence?

Not hard to figure out, really.

Hey milliam....we should change our trip plans and visit Elberton.
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
DonnaC
Defender of Liberty
Defender of Liberty

PostSubject: State of Fear   Power Grab Overload EmptyJune 30th 2009, 19:07

Has anyone here ever read the late Michael Crichton's book, State of Fear? It deals with the phony climate change/global warming issue, but the basic premise of the book covers everything our government is doing...keeping the populace in a constant state of fear. It's funny, because Glenn Beck mentioned this very book, today, as being one of the best he'd ever read. It's fiction, but the footnotes are factual. Beck said he read it with his laptop in front of him, so he could check the footnotes!

In the book, Crichton says the cold war was the state of fear that preceded global warming, but I think the attack on 9/11 played into their hands, as well, by giving them another reason to be able to push their agenda to take away all our freedoms.

The internet and blogs, in general, are the only thing standing in the way of their total control. If they ever "control" the internet, we truly will be in a world of hurt. They're already pushing the envelope with "hate crime" legislation and "thought police" on campuses.
Back to top Go down
Wilberforce
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJuly 1st 2009, 07:53

My wife is from Elberton, and we've been to the Guidestones. She lived there when they were first put up--in a small town where there are no secrets, nobody knew who put them up, and apparently, they went up overnight one night under cover of darkness. It's both interesting and scary to read the philosophy that is described there.
Back to top Go down
milliam
milliam

Male Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJuly 1st 2009, 12:37

Quote :
I'll say this - I think the whole " economic situation" was caused by people in the government telling everyone how bad it was(or was going to be) until millions of people stopped spending money.

I beg to differ a little here. In the beginning of all of this, all I heard was government official, after government official, after TV personality, after radio talk show host, saying how it wasn't that bad and how things were still fine. The mortgage people were out in force saying how the home builders were doing great, the banking commitee folks (Barnie Frank) was saying how Fannie and Freddie were fine, Bernanke and Paulson were out saying there's no issues. They when it finally hit the fan, they are all saying how they didn't see it coming. That's a HUGE lie right there.

These guys were behind it all and knew the day would come when their whole scheme would explode. IMO, they designed it all this way. They went in and decided they could make a ton of money off of breaking the country and at with the country is such a pickle, they would have the power to do whatever they wanted. Seems to be working out for them so far. Evil or Very Mad

There's no doubt that they can run the country in what ever direction they want to just by how things are portrayed in the media...to a point (I hope!).

Elberton...can we go by Friday on the way up?
Back to top Go down
DonnaC
Defender of Liberty
Defender of Liberty

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload EmptyJuly 1st 2009, 12:53

I think this was really the perfect storm. I do think folks started getting scared when Wall Street started to falter, even folks who didn't know how Wall Street functions. They just "knew" it was bad, financially. But, they didn't start defaulting on their home loans because of fear, and this was what really compounded an already bad situation. Banks stopped loaning, and folks stopped paying their mortgages.

Now, did the perfect storm happen without any influence from outside? That I don't know, but I've heard some say what happened with Wall Street was engineered by people like George Soros to give Obama a reason for instituting all his draconian measures. I've never been a conspiracy theorist, but with Obama, I can't discount it. I don't doubt that he's capable of doing anything to get what he wants. I don't know enough about economics to understand how this could be, but apparently if all the planets are in alignment, it could...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Grab Overload   Power Grab Overload Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Grab Overload
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LibertyCalls :: Liberty or Death-
Jump to: