LibertyCalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LibertyCalls

LibertyCalls.org Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Words

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainBob
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
CaptainBob

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Words Empty
PostSubject: Words   Words EmptyMarch 26th 2009, 06:57

I pursue several interests in life: Amateur Radio (call sign NB8N), a love for the shooting sports (past member of the Florida State Pistol Team), and as a novelist and short story writer (with scads of stories and 3 novels published). To the latter of these three items, then, I work with words. Words are important, as they convey meaning when used in one fashion; however, words may also be used to disguise meaning.

Politicians are masters with hype and weasel words selected to cloud meaning or to speak without actually committing to anything.

Consider this: "Some studies suggest a diet high in fiber may reduce some forms of cancer."

Sadly, many people seek out this breakfast cereal without understanding the above sentence says nothing. Each key word is "suggestive," not declarative.

As the Pied Piper, Obama was a master of this technique. Too many folks heard the music but failed to weigh the substance in the words. Actually, there was no substance, only hollow words heavy with suggestive hope. These folks fall into the category I call "The Thundering Herd." If they hear it, read it, or see it, they believe it at face value.

My guess is if you are reading these words you are not of The Thundering Herd camp. You think for yourself and question before leaping. This is wise. Now, here's where I'm going with all this. Have you noticed that our country has been tossed onto its head in the last 60 days? Of course you have. Have you also noticed that each of the major changes has had the same words used as a prologue? "We need to move quickly."

Now why do you suppose that would be? Could it be the current administration has an agenda they wish to slam into place before enough folks in The Thundering Herd wake up and start questioning their sanity for having followed this dude in the first place? I believe so, and for this reason alone, our participation in forums such as this, along with our rallies, and our discussions with others is of paramount importance.

Be active. Be loud. But don't be obnoxious. Choose your words wisely, and together maybe we can wake up enough from The Thundering Herd to guide this country back on a direction our Founding Fathers would approve.

www.bobburdick.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.bobburdick.com
DecepticonDon
DecepticonDon

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words   Words EmptyMarch 26th 2009, 07:56

I wholeheartedly agree.
Too many listen to the flowery arrangement of words and don't realize that Obama says absolutely nothing!
And I also believe now is the time for cool heads and cautious words.
Extra care must be used in the language of our opposition, for in this "sound-bite" culture, our own words can EASILY be used against us and our cause.
This is easier when typing versus speaking. We get a chance to proofread, but none to proofspeak.
Every word must have a purpose, for extraneous language and wordy sentences will confuse or muddy the message.

Notice the Big Brotherish and mysterious "plan" he has for everything.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words   Words EmptyMarch 26th 2009, 11:16

I think one reason behind their "need to move quickly" may be the upcoming 2010 elections. If they can pass their statist agenda on to future generations quickly, then by the time we vote in Libertarians, independents, or men from mars( who could undoubtedly do a better job, whether they exist or not!) the damage ( or in their eyes, the goals) would be done.

They want to move quickly, like a wolf wants to move quickly when stealing the farmers chickens.
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words   Words Empty

Back to top Go down

Words
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LibertyCalls :: Slow Roasted Pork-
Jump to: