LibertyCalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LibertyCalls

LibertyCalls.org Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Audit the Fed Bill

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaC
Defender of Liberty
Defender of Liberty

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Audit the Fed Bill Empty
PostSubject: Audit the Fed Bill   Audit the Fed Bill EmptyJune 30th 2009, 20:07

The House version of this has well over 200 co-sponsors, but the senate version has only 3, and guess who 2 of them aren't?--you guessed it--Isakson and Chambliss. Ron Paul (the House sponsor) is saying the push may make it impossible for them to hold this up in committee. I certainly hope so, but it would sure help if the senate would get behind it as well.

I emailed them about this several weeks ago, and this is one where I never heard a peep back from them. Usually, they have a canned response to anything, but not on this one. Let's get after our illustrious senators and tell them to co-sponsor S896.
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Audit the Fed Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit the Fed Bill   Audit the Fed Bill EmptyJune 30th 2009, 21:31

yep, we needed Buckley, and you can bet I'll be sending some stuff myself, and calling on the 2454 too.
Back to top Go down
DonnaC
Defender of Liberty
Defender of Liberty

Audit the Fed Bill Empty
PostSubject: Well, What Did We Expect?   Audit the Fed Bill EmptyJuly 6th 2009, 19:53

Of course, they're still sitting on their hands, and I'm absolutely furious Isakson and Chambliss haven't gotten behind this bill! I contacted both of them to ask them to co-sponsor, since theHouse already had well over 200 co-sponsors. Only received a response from Chambliss, and he never even addressed the co-sponsorship issue, only that he would "keep my views in mind" if it came before the full Senate.

Well, Senator DeMint, one of the ONLY 3 co-sponsors, reported on Twitter today the "leadership" of the Senate was refusing
to let the bill come before the Senate! You know, maybe if a few of these panty-waist senators, like the two from Georgia, would ever have the courage to stand up for something, ANYTHING, instead of always testing the wind, we might get something productive done in this government...

As you can tell, I am really, really angry...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Audit the Fed Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit the Fed Bill   Audit the Fed Bill EmptyJuly 19th 2009, 06:40

I sent emails as well. No reply.
Back to top Go down
https://libertycalls.aforumfree.com
DonnaC
Defender of Liberty
Defender of Liberty

Audit the Fed Bill Empty
PostSubject: Success!   Audit the Fed Bill EmptyJuly 25th 2009, 11:30

Just got back from vacation and learned our senators have both joined in co-sponsoring this bill! I may be naive, but I'm hoping our e-mails and letters were instrumental in causing them to take this action!

Well done, Patriots!
Back to top Go down
catocom
Patriot
catocom

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Audit the Fed Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit the Fed Bill   Audit the Fed Bill EmptyJuly 25th 2009, 12:58

We can make a difference.
Back to top Go down
milliam
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
LibertyCalls.org Supporter
milliam

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Audit the Fed Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit the Fed Bill   Audit the Fed Bill EmptyJuly 25th 2009, 21:51

Sweet!!! Good to hear!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Audit the Fed Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit the Fed Bill   Audit the Fed Bill Empty

Back to top Go down

Audit the Fed Bill
Page 1 of 1